Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Revelation in morning prayers

This morning I had a revelation during my morning prayers.  I have a prayer list of about 28 people or ministries I pray for each morning.  As I was praying for these men, women and ministries I had an insight that hit like a brick on the forehead.  This is not a revelation of new truth but rather an insight that was there all along and I just understood it in a new way.

As I prayed for a friend who is a minister.  I prayed about the church he serves, a church that is having a Truck or Treat Event this evening.  This preacher is a good man who loves the Lord and His church, and is doing the best he can.  I was asking for non-believers to come to the church's Halloween party and in some way connect with the church so that maybe they would come back for a service and perhaps hear the gospel in such a way that they might be willing to consider the claims of Christ.

I also prayer for a minister who serves in the 10 40 window.  He goes out an evangelizes among Muslim and Hindu people.  He trains other ministers to evangelize and to train other evangelist.  My prayer for him and his team was that they would be protected in their travels and teaching, that the lost would come to faith, and that when, not if, they are persecuted they will be kept strong and be a great witness.

The juxtaposition of those prayers told me so much about the church in America.  My own poor ministry and why the church is growing other places but not here.

God have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment